Friday, November 23, 2012

Stormwall (...another one...)

So I got it into my head that I wanted a second Stormwall. Don't ask me why...I've played several games with my new Cygnar forces and still can't win a damn game. But the Stormwall is just so cool...maybe two will be the thing I need to start winning with this faction.

All the bits...


Here the major assemblies are put together, primed black, and then the appropriate areas are sprayed blue and white.


Next, the bronze and steel areas are done.


And before you know it...well, it did take a fair bit of effort at this stage. Electrical coils, then paint chip weathering, then final assembly followed by spray weathering. Finally, the basing is completed and we're all done.


Handsome fellow!


As you can see, I tried to match the paint style as closely as possible to my other Stormwall (painted by Jarrett Lee).


A fun project, and now I can try two of these on the game table.

'Til next time.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! It's actually really hard to see the difference in terms of colors etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. Painting these hugh base minis is such an undertaking big credit to those that finish them and make them look so nice. Now you have to get yourself a Darius and play the Field Test theme froce from NQ.

    If you are looking to get some Ws with Cygnar look into eHaley and eCaine. You might lose some friends in the process but you should get Ws :)

    ReplyDelete