Friday, March 29, 2013

Castigator

OK, last non-character Menoth Heavy comes off the table. This is the old metal sculpt of the Castigator...and as little as this model sees competitive play, I'd have to say it's my favorite heavy 'jack sculpt. There is more animation in this guy than any of the other very stiffly-posed Menoth biggies.


And he does look like a bad mofo, with those two flame fists ready to wreak havok.


However, at 8 points, there are few Menoth players that can't get way more killing power out of a Reckoner, Templar or Vanquisher. If this guy was 7 points, he'd see more casual play...and if he was 6 points you would see him competitive lists. Actually, scratch that...he'd be broken at 6 points.


I went away from the usual all white or all black schemes I've been using on my Menoth 'jacks, and decided to go with red-black. It adds some more distinctness to an already very cool model.


'Til next time.

1 comment: